Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Bucket List

In every person's life life there are hope and aspirations, marriage, children, travel, thrill seeking..... Finding the right person is a difficult task and sometimes ends in disaster. Children can be both also be a double edged sword, but parents do the best they can. Since I have neither a spouse or children on the horizon, I have travel and thrill seeking.
I have been to Europe, Asia, Central and South America already, though there are still many more cities on each that I want to see. I have seen a good portion of the United States, from Key West, Florida to Fairbanks, Alaska Australia is still out there, I would love to see Ayers rock in the sunset, scuba dive on the Great Barrier Reef, experience Bondi Beach, for obvious reasons.....nothing like an Australian Lifeguard.
I have yet to explore northern Europe, The Scandinavian countries and Russia. I have been told that St. Petersburg is beautiful. There is also Venice, the Swiss Alps dusted with snow, and a barge cruise through the South of France. All in good time.
One of the thrill seeking items on my list is to see the Northern Lights, the
Aurora Borealis. Simmering curtains of light dancing in the dark night. Japanese tourist flock to Alaska in the winter to see them, it is considered good luck to do so on your honeymoon. In about 13 months I will be turning fifty, yes the big 5-0. I plan on seeing them for my birthday. I have a friend that has recently moved to Moscow, so he may joing me for the experience. For me it will be at least an overnight flight, but his trek will be a few hours by plane. Since he is aflight attendant, he is used to flying.
So once you review you
Bucket List, check out Damron Vacations. With Damron's 40 plus years of publishing guides, and the well trained staff to assist you, the options are only limted to your imagination.

No comments:

Post a Comment