Monday, June 29, 2009

I'm Back.....

Yes, it has been quite awhile since I have last blogged. Work has been busy with getting a new project off the ground and I have done much testing on the new website. Keeping our fingers crossed that it takes off and does well.
My travels of late have been low key. I did travel over to the west coast of Florida and visited Naples. Quaint, nice beaches, but kind of dull in the off season. Most of the shops downtown are on limited hours, usually opening around 4pm and catering to the dinner crowd. There were some great end of season sales for up to 75% off, but when the shirt was originally $375, it is still kind of pricey for my budget.
This past weekend was the Miami Metro Zoo. I was quite impressed, it is ranked in the top 10 zoos in the country. The zoo is located in southwest Miami/Dade county and is about an hour from Ft. Lauderdale. The pathway guests follow meanders around the various enclosure for the animals. The only cages were for a few birds and small species that would be hard to see otherwise. Most of the walk is shaded except in the newer stretch near the Amazon are that recently opened. I highly recommend a counterclockwise path, that way the sunny part is in the beginning while you are still nice and fresh.
The complete walk took approximately 3 hours to complete. There are many vendor carts set up along the way selling snacks, cold drinks along with frozen lemonade and ice cream. Facilities are also provided along the route.
Besides being busy at work my home laptop has passed on to that big CPU in the sky and no pictures for now. I need to download some programs on my new one so I can get my pictures off the camera. A coworker is going to try and get my old pictures off the dead laptop.
So if you are looking for a local get away, maybe a long weekend to a nearby city you have never visited? Damron Vacations can assist in just a hotel, an all-inclusive resort in the Caribbean or maybe a multi-city European vacation. Let one of our experienced agents help

No comments:

Post a Comment