Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Already Planning......

Even with just returning from an 11 night cruise of the Caribbean, plans are in the works for this years trip. The first cruise that was investigated was from Rio de Janeiro to Buenos Aries. But after adding on all the extras, it would have been around the $10K mark which was WAY out of budget.
With the slowdown in the economy, cruise lines are starting to offer early booking specials that are pretty phenomenal. The cruise in question has a 2-4-1 offer, free airfare, per cabin discounts and on board credits. This may bring the price down enough to make it possible. Such a cruise would be nice since I do have a fondness for Latin men. Plus I have a friend that grew up in the Recoleta in BA and I will get to see him.
So, as a result, I have started an exercise routine. I have started running again. Over the past several years, I have slowly accumulated a belly, and while it is easy to hide while dressed, it will not work walking down Ipanema Beach in Rio. Belly+Spandex= NO!!! The cruise is not until December which gives me quite awhile to work on the project. There is a small men's store nearby that is closing due to lease issues, so I purchased a suit for 75% off, thankfully I don't have to loose that much, but it is an inspiration for the weight loss.
In addition to the possible cruise, the birthday that will happen in one year is the other inspiration for getting back in shape. With the body conscious attitude of the gay world, being older is bad, being heavy is definitely out, so combine the two and DOUBLE whammy. I know I will not look like a 2xist underwear model, that is only for the under 25 set. I just want to be able to wear a clingy shirt because that is the style, not because I need a larger size.
When I get a break later, I will contact my Damron Vacation agent I use and get some prices on the cruise. Along with their knowledge and the Damron Guide's over 40 years of experience, this could be the best vacation ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment