Wednesday, January 21, 2009

BRRRRR........

Yes, winter has arrived in sunny Ft Lauderdale. The temperature this morning was a FRIGID 40 degrees, and tonight might even be lower. YIKES!!! This is worse than Yankees in Atlanta!!! Of course it will be back up into the 70s by the end of the week. So, there might be a few non-beach days this week, but it is still better than the rest of the country.
I spoke to my family over the weekend, and it was colder in Memphis on Friday morning, than in Fairbanks, Alaska. The same was true for Charlotte. It was a dreary cloudy day on Sunday when I called my brother in North Carolina. I was on my balcony in shorts and a tee shirt. So I guess it is okay for a few chilly days.
But if your home is above Lake Okeechobee, that seems to be the line that keeps frost to the north, maybe a vacation to a warmer climate is needed. I know Chicago has been cold and windy, but St. Lucia has been warm and balmy, along with the rest of the Caribbean Islands. Maybe a long weekend in the US Virgin Islands, or a week at an all inclusive on Antigua? Check out Damron Vacations for some great last minute trip ideas.
Though the tropics usually call to people this time of year, remember there is also some great skiing in the Rockies. There is Whistler Ski week if you want to combine the fun of a circuit party with the slalom. Damron Vacations can help with both ideas of a great trip, and don't forget your latest issue of the Damron Guide to help fill the nights with more fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment