Monday, January 19, 2009

What is a Staycation?

Staycation, the new buzz word in travel. A staycation is when you do not travel for your vacation, you stay home. Sounds like a long weekend to me. Staying at home for vacation would result in lots of housework.
My last staycation was almost 5 years ago and I redid a bathroom. Yes, I did the work. I removed the vanity, sink, and toilet and replaced them with new. I also put up bead board panelling and trim to frame it and a nice long shelf along one wall. It was quite time consuming, though a neighbor lent me his table saw so the miter cuts was a breeze.
I know that staycations are the result of lack of funds, to be polite. Maybe the grand vacations of the past need to be put on hold until the economy rebounds, but there are lots of good travel deals out there. Instead of a two week stay in Paris, maybe a few days at the beach, or maybe a city you have never been too. With hotel occupancy falling faster than Bush's approval rating, rates are coming down almost as fast. Empty rooms generate no income, discounted rooms at least bring money in.n And if you are lucky enough to live in or near a cruise port, the fares are at the lowest in years.
So check out Damron Vacations for a vacation deal, and leave the staycations to to other people. And don't forget to bring your Damron Guide if visiting a new city. It is loaded with useful information

No comments:

Post a Comment